The first time I came across one of Lisa's Instagram posts, I followed her right away. Her Instagram feed is expertly branded. It is filled with bright color and each image looks like something you might find out of an art magazine. Aside from product shots, she also includes images showing the inspiration behind her designs. Oh, yeah...She also created the most insanely amazing tassel covered backpack you will ever see in your entire life.
UPDATE 10/28: You can purchase Lisa McConniffe's colorful tassel necklaces at http://looklikelove.co.uk
1. Who are you, what do you do, and how did it all begin?
My name is Lisa McConniffe. I’m currently studying MA womenswear accessories at the Royal College of Art in London. I also do freelance work as an illustrator.
2. Where can we find you on social media?
3. What is your favorite hashtag?
4. Why do you use social media?
I use it mainly as a platform to show my daily life, inspiration and work, particularly related to colour and design.
5. Which tools do you use for creating or posting content?
I generally take photos with my iPhone and sometimes use photogrid to combine images.
6. What effect does social media have on your business?
Social media has definitely helped me gain industry contacts and illustration work, whilst also getting my name out there as a designer.
7. How do you measure success on social media?
Through the positive comments on your Instagram posts.
8. What aspect of social media do you find most challenging?
I’d say keeping interest with daily posts. However, I do enjoy posting and sharing elements of my life through social media.
9. What makes you follow another brand back?
A brand which has a distinctive identity , which isn’t just necessarily about selling / showing their own products , but the inspiration and lifestyle attached to the brand.
10. Which brands have social media you admire?
11. Any advice for other brands just getting started on social media?
I’d say create a distinct identity on your social media page. Don’t post too much. Create posts which are interesting, intriguing, and have a meaning to your audience.